Friday, December 4, 2015

Mmmmmm.... Browser Cookies

A chocolate chip cookie, loaded with sweet dough and delectable chunks of chocolate. You chew into it, and the chocolate and dough run down your tongue and tickle your taste buds. Yummy.

As it turns out, your most pleasant experience with cookies probably doesn't involve sugar at all. I'm not talking about sugar-free diet cookies - I'm talking about Internet cookies on the computer. Isn't it convenient to go home and be able to pull up Facebook without logging in? Cookies. If you want to close your browser window, you can without having to log back in when you open it back up. Cookies again. Every day I visit certain websites - Facebook, Wikipedia, YouTube, and City-Data - and I know that if I've been on the site in the last few days, it will maintain my log-in - with the exception of Wikipedia, in which I have to log back in every 30 days (currently, this is around the 11th of each month)

Cookies are also a big part of why I get the ads I do. I am bombarded with ads for Honda products - because I frequently visit Honda related websites because I am a Honda enthusiast. (Yes, I drive a Honda, it's a 2011 Accord V6 sedan)

No comments:

Post a Comment